Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May Blog #1: Jurassic Park: The Lost World, by Micheal Chrichton, published 1995

I used to be a big fan of Chrichton. I read quite a few of his novels, including Congo, the Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park, and a few others. But I never got around to reading the Lost World.

So, here I am, flipping through the opening pages. Chrichton always seems to begin his books in this manner; the man takes his time pulling everything together. I imagine it would be difficult to just throw people on an island full of dinosaurs and expect people to believe it, but I'm on page 50, and the story is dense as it could be.

Fortunately, having been through this sort of thing with Chrichton before, I can safely assume the story will pick up soon, especially since the first Jurassic Park was as good as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment