Sunday, August 23, 2009

August Blog #4: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J. K. Rowling, published 2005

(Fin!)

I'm having trouble deciding whether this entry, or The Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book (so far, at least). I feel like The Half-Blood Prince is probably the better of the two.

The series has grown progressively darker with each novel, evolving from fairy tale-ish children's books to darker, more thought out fantasy novels. And The Half-Blood Prince is the latest next step.

Rowling (at least with the latest entries) has a habit of slowly building the story up, until it hits the climax in the last 100 or so pages, when things go haywire.

I feel like Snape will be a good guy, in the end. Or I'd like him to be, because he's pretty cool. Probably my favorite character, he's much more complex than the rest, it seems. Should I trust Snape, like Dumbledore did? Well, let's find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment