Thursday, October 8, 2009

October Blog #2: A Briefer History of Time, by Stephen Hawking, published 2005

I have (finally) completed this book.

Though I thoroughly enjoyed the novel, it was almost like reading a more entertaining and more concise physics textbook. There is only so much you can take at a time!

I also found Hawking had a sharp wit, and I kind of wish he put it to use a little bit more. The sparseness made it stand out more, I guess.

Hawking is a genius. A modern Einstein. What makes him all the more incredible and inspiring is the sickness he has been battling for more than a decade, which is much longer than the average ALS patient.

Hawking, you're the man.

1 comment:

  1. 2/4 entries for 10/9/09, and they are very short!

    It's time to lengthen your entries so that you can practice the content and development appropriate for academic analysis.

    ReplyDelete